The mission is to prepare student athletes to practice ethical behavior, including fair play, integrity and obedience to rules. All athletic contests will repreent in perception and practice, the appreciation for athletic excellence and the shared educational experience of competition. All individuals assoicated with athletic activities will be aware and responsible for their influence on the behavior of others and be models of good sportsmanship.
- A coach or team shall never leave the playing area until the contest is completed.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct by spectators, coaches, players will not be tolerated.
- Noise makers are not allowed.
- Cheerleaders are to use positive cheers and will direct cheers to their own team.
- Always set a good example for participants and fans to follow, exemplifying the highest moral and ethical behavior.
- Instruct participants in proper sportsmanship responsibilities and demand that they make sportsmanship the No. 1 priority.
- Respect the judgment of contest officials, abide by rules of the event and display no behavior that could incite fans.
- Treat opposing coaches, participants and fans with respect. Shake hands with officials and opposing coaches in public.
- Develop and enforce penalties for participants who do not abide by sportsmanship standards.
- Treat opponents with respect; shake hands prior to and after the contests.
- Respect judgement of contest officials, abide by rules of the contest and display no behavior that could incite fans.
- Cooperate with officials, coaches and fellow participants to conduct a fair contest.
- Accept seriously the responsbility and priviledge of representing school and community; display positive public action at all times.
- Live up to high standards of sportsmanship established by coach.